I placed a Google search this morning seeking the various definitions of “FIGHT”. A bunch of verbs and nouns popped up ranging from actual physical encounters involving violence to struggling to reach a goal or a certain outcome.
We have all heard declarations by the government or advocacy groups about the “Fight Against Drugs”, the “Fight Against Poverty” and the “Fight Against Covid”. I have even seen in articles the term “Fight Against Obesity”.
Focusing on weight control, to a large extent, there is an internal “fight” (more applying to the definition involving “struggle”) that occurs within ourselves. We “Fight”:
- The slowing of metabolism as we age
- The chemical cravings that make us seek the derailing food and drink sources
- The urge to join everyone else in social situations that are consuming high caloric foods and downing alcohol
- The human nature tendency to seek immediate gratification
- The tendency to want to stick with old habits
This “fight” is indeed a very difficult one but we must focus on the outcome of winning the “fight”. Overcoming the struggles and “winning the fight” will result in a longer and healthier life. Gear up, get ready, remain resolute and go forth with a focused, concerted effort to win.
I cannot end this entry without a shoutout to all of those brave Ukraine people that are in a fight for their very survival. Your amazing strength, fortitude, bravery and courage are on display for the world to see and my wife Nataliya, children and I (and probably everyone else reading this entry) wish you Godspeed.